I picked up this sadly neglected atempt of a chopper off my neighbors porch. he needed to move and i always need a project so we shook hands to trade it for a new tattoo.
After getting it home and doing some looking i realized the neck #s and motor #s didnt match. The title uses the neck #s so ill be using the neck for registration purposes. Problem is the front end on the neck is bent and seems to be from some unknown enduro type bike. So, im gonna keep the front wheel setup and try my skills at fabricating a girder front end to fit my application..........
Heres a picture of bubba lookin cool. you can really get an idea of what a turd of a bike this was from this view. Last time well see it like that!
And heres the previuos "rake job" comlpete with poorly welded fork stops.
After whittleing away the extra metal and bondo, i got what i was lookin for.
The only peices of the original chassis i will be using.
After cutting away the rest of the frame, i cut and welded in theese slugs, made from and old axle i had layin around.
Heres my fancy rake protractor, and the new neck and backbone all tacked up.
Homemade pipe notcher and the butt view of the ned back bone.
Since this picture i have fabbed up the rear shock mounts and will post an update soon
Thanks for lookin and please, if you like leave me some feedback.